TRAPPING ST CHARLES MI
Bare’s is the Place to Get Trapping Supplies!
- Dye and Wax
- Flake Wax
- Gloves and Gear
- Trap Tags
All traps need to be cleaned of their factory oils, and here are some ways to do that:
- Rinse them off with a pressure washer, taking them to the car wash, or putting them in a dishwasher.
- Let the trap sit out in the yard to begin the rusting process. If you would like to hurry this process along you can soak the traps overnight in a bucket of water and vinegar or salt water.
- After the traps have rusted you will want to dip or dye the traps. (Water trappers) Dipping the trap gives it a bit harder protective coat and decreases the amount of time it takes for the trap to rust. (Land trappers) Dye is mixed with water instead of gas so there is less smell on the traps.
- Most trappers choose to wax their traps because it protects them from the moisture that causes rust. It also provides a lubricant that will let the trap fire faster.
- Body grip traps should not be waxed. In this case, wax makes the trap difficult to handle and there is a better chance it could go off when trying to set it.
Check Michigan’s trapping and baiting laws make sure that you are buying and using legal options for your area http://mtpca.com/regulations.html
Come See Our Great Selection at 104 W. Water Street in beautiful St. Charles, MI 48655
Contact Us! +1 (989) 865-6241
Be sure to check out our great prices and exceptional hunting and fishing gear all year around! Our high standards make us your best retailer for outdoor sports and our indoor archery facility enables target practice 7 days a week, seasonally!
Get your best deals at Bare's!
Primary Communities Served