Ammunition SAGINAW MI
If you plan to store your ammunition for longer than two years, consider these storage methods to keep out moisture, bugs, and anything that would corrode the bullet casing. In most cases, the paper boxes that your ammunition is sold in are probably more than adequate when storing ammo in your house. But use these tips if you plan to store ammo outside or for a long period of time
- Vacuum Seal: This can protect your ammo from water, rust, and ground dirt.
- Rotation: Just like long term food storage, the key to successfully storing ammo is to rotate your ammunition as often as possible. Make sure you mark purchase dates on your ammo cans, so you use the oldest ammo first.
- Humidity Kills: Keep your ammo in a low humidity location, or use dehumidifying equipment in your storage area.
- Periodic Checks: If you’re not regularly firing your ammo, it’s a good idea to check your supplies at least once every six months for signs of corrosion. Doing periodic checks will help ensure your stocks are ready to fire when you need them.
- Silica Packets: Those little silica gel packets that come in just about everything these days, are a great way to keep your ammo in top notch condition. Silica Gel, or desiccant packets, should be placed in your ammo cans to help get rid of moisture.
For the complete article, go to http://offgridsurvival.com/ammostorage/
Come See Our Great Selection at 104 W. Water Street in beautiful St. Charles, MI 48655
Contact Us! +1 (989) 865-6241
Be sure to check out our great prices and exceptional hunting and fishing gear all year around! Our high standards make us your best retailer for outdoor sports and our indoor archery facility enables target practice 7 days a week, seasonally!
Get your best deals at Bare's!
Primary Communities Served